The Right Turn Defensive Driving Course (also referred as Driver Improvement Program), is currently provided by G.A.R.D.E. (Georgia Association of Risk Reduction and Defensive Driving Educators) which is certified by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
The 6-hour Defensive Driving Course will concentrate on traffic laws, rules and regulations and defensive driving techniques. Each student will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the 6-hour class.
The fee for the 6-hour Defensive Driving Class is $95.00 (license reinstatement, point reduction or court ordered/related). The course fee for Insurance Reduction is $50. An Insurance Reduction Certificate can only be used for insurance purposes.
Individual circumstances may require a person to enroll in a 6-hour Defensive Driving Class, a few of these being:
– Rescind or reinstate driving privileges based on an accumulation of moving violation.
– Acceptable option by law enforcement or traffic courts to “Nolle Prosse” a traffic ticket.
– Point reduction up to 7 points from a driver’s license once every 5 years.
– Prevent suspension of license for drivers under the age of 21 for moving violations where 4 or more points are assessed.
– Reduction of fines or no points to driver’s license record.
– Individuals 25 years of age or older with a clean driving record for 3 years can complete this course, send the certificate to his or her insurance company, and under current Georgia law, receive a 10% discount on his or her liability insurance premium.
– Companies providing company cars to employees, or the employee uses his or her car for company business.
The 6-hour Defensive Driving Course will concentrate on traffic laws, rules and regulations and defensive driving techniques. After successfully completing the 6-hour class, students will receive a Certificate of Completion.
The fee for the 6-hour Defensive Driving Class is $95.00 (license reinstatement, point reduction or court ordered/related). This fee is set by Georgia State Law. If the course is being taken for insurance reduction only, the fee is $50.00. Insurance reduction certificates can solely be used for that purpose.